Go Back   Wutai Nights > The Hollow > The Void

Old 03-07-2018, 05:20 AM   #8631
ichihaifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyFlame View Post
If you actually stop and take a carefull look of a lot of the spell effects going on in Re:Creators, there is a significant amount of CGI particle effects going on. Sure it was full on rounded 3D jankiness. but a show doesn't need to be in 3D to have CGI. CGI is after all "Computer-Generated Imagery"
Oh, I see. I don't usually pay attention to non-character details, whether it being generated or drawn.

Also, speaking of computer generated. I wonder what are these trying to convey.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:45 AM   #8632
Truth

Life can go fuck itself. I had to put my cat to sleep last week. Shit is fucking depressing.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:00 PM   #8633
OneRandomOtaku
Administrator

Sucks to hear man, it's never good losing a pet.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:18 AM   #8634
IcyFlame

So i have to say good bye to trusty old Utorrent 2.2.1 because all versions of utorrent and bitorrent just got blacklisted on AB due to a vulnerability that has been discovered.

Anyone got recommendations.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:22 AM   #8635
ichihaifu

Deluge
Been using it pretty much forever, other good one is Transmission.

Both are good in the sense that they support both headless and GUI versions, Deluge can also run as a service on your PC(or any other machine) on startup - so you wont even see it running until you start the GUI and connect to it. There's also lots of plugins for that you can use if you feel like something is missing from the base client.
I also read (somewhere, citation needed) that Deluge is more aggressive with actively downloading torrents than other clients, meaning it will finish faster with the usually long lasting 99%->100% eternity downloads.

Last edited by ichihaifu; 03-18-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:23 AM   #8636
Fan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyFlame View Post
So i have to say good bye to trusty old Utorrent 2.2.1 because all versions of utorrent and bitorrent just got blacklisted on AB due to a vulnerability that has been discovered.

Anyone got recommendations.
You just noticed that? They did it 2 or 3 weeks ago. The vulnerability is just in the 3.* line. It's already been figured out that 2.* doesn't have the feature that's vulnerable, but AB won't re-whitelist it because the staff is self righteous asshats that don't want people using old software (up until a week ago I was keeping up with the thread on their forum). Literally every other torrent site has put 2.* back on the white list except AB. I used AB cause it was convenient. Having to switch to a different torrenting software just for that one site makes it no longer convenient, so I just stopped using it.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:29 AM   #8637
IcyFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan View Post
You just noticed that? They did it 2 or 3 weeks ago. The vulnerability is just in the 3.* line. It's already been figured out that 2.* doesn't have the feature that's vulnerable, but AB won't re-whitelist it because the staff is self righteous asshats that don't want people using old software (up until a week ago I was keeping up with the thread on their forum). Literally every other torrent site has put 2.* back on the white list except AB. I used AB cause it was convenient. Having to switch to a different torrenting software just for that one site makes it no longer convenient, so I just stopped using it.
Eh Windows starting treating 2.2.1 Really funky the last few days anyway so I was already thinking about looking for another one.

Decided to use Deluge after talking to some people. Although i dont download much from them, (I get anything recentish directly from Horrible if its anime) AB still has a convenient and solid catalogue of older stuff and other stuff.

and yea, i have AB pinned open, but i'm infrequent about checking the forums etc. it was ironically Blob who told me about it the other day.

Also the comment re old software is funny, cause the newer versions of Utorrent are full of so much fucking bloatware it's disgusting.

Last edited by IcyFlame; 03-20-2018 at 03:33 AM.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:06 PM   #8638
OneRandomOtaku
Administrator

I stopping using Utorrent about a year back due to issues with the miner script it ran. Moved over to qbitorrent which works fine.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:11 PM   #8639
IcyFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRandomOtaku View Post
I stopping using Utorrent about a year back due to issues with the miner script it ran. Moved over to qbitorrent which works fine.
That script i believe was only present in the Newer versions of Utorrent. it certinly wasn't present in 2.2.1

Old 03-21-2018, 05:19 PM   #8640
ichihaifu

Holy shit, I only just now found out about 'The Seven Deadly Sins (2014)'. How on earth did I manage to miss a show this good. >_>

Last edited by ichihaifu; 03-21-2018 at 05:35 PM.